Monday, December 8, 2008

Leaving Lusaka

I am leaving Lusaka and am sure going to miss the nice warm weather. It is supposed to be rainy season, but we missed it this past week. The local residents want the rain though!

Today when I awoke I spent time looking out the window and oddly did not see many birds, nor cats, nor dogs, forget about squirrels. In fact, as I drove from the hotel to the various locations I visited, there weren't many animals to be seen. With a populaiton of just about 10 million, I can now understand why there aren't many tall buildings in the downtown area - with the amount of land Zambia has, they can spread it out. Traffic is non-existent. Again, less people, at least in the parts I visited, lots of space, minimizes the contribution to traffic.

Another interesting observation I made is that you only receive paper monetory notes - not a coin to be found! At least I didn't get any coins as change when making purchases.

No comments: