Thursday, December 4, 2008

Lusaka



Arrived in Lusaka on Tuesday morning, had a really good flight from London. I had a long layover(11 hours) in London, and because of that decided to utilize a "day-room" at the Heathrow airport. The day-room was provided by Yotel, what a cool place. The rooms are in the actual airport and were designed after the newer first-class airplane cabins, only not on a plane! Very small rooms, but enough to get you a hot shower and a few hours of comfortable sleep. Prices are good, and a great alternative to flying business class, but not at the rate of business class!
Lusaka surprised me, for some reason I expected to see a bustling city, instead to my pleasant surprise I found a peaceful, rural landscape. To me, the people are what make the southern part of Africa so great - very friendly citizens. In my visits to Africa, what I have learned to be typical African are people who enjoy to chat, are very helpful (want to help you!), and above all, keep a cool demeanor. I have nothing but respect and admiration for the residents here.
You can tell I had a great "people" day, can't you?

No comments: